Getting Organized for 2022
A huge thank you to the Tri-Lakes Lions Club for their recent donation of 4 storage cabinets! Now we are able to store a plethora of supplies inside these sturdy closets instead of stacking unsightly boxes all over the senior center. This upgrade is greatly appreciated.
Who Are Lions?
- Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization. We have more than 1.4 million members in more than 48,000 clubs worldwide.
- We're active men and women in more than 200 countries and geographic areas.
- Founded in 1917, we are best known for fighting blindness - it's part of our history as well as our work today.
- By conducting vision screenings, equipping hospitals and clinics, distributing medicine and raising awareness of eye disease, Lions work toward their mission of providing vision for all.
- Our community projects often support local children and schools through scholarships, recreation and mentoring.
- Since 1968, the Lions Clubs International Foundation has awarded more than $660 million in grants to support Lions humanitarian projects around the world.
- Our motto is "We Serve." Lions are part of a global service network, doing whatever is necessary to help our local communities.
- In 2011, David Prejean, a local businessman and resident of Monument, met with Colorado Springs and Calhan Lions Club members to discuss the creation of a Lions Club in the Tri-Lakes Region. Dave and the other Lions members believed there was a need for a service club within our local area. On 12 February 2012, Lions Club International chartered the El Paso County Tri-Lakes Lions Club, and Dave Prejean became the first President of our club. Today, the Tri Lakes Lions Club has many dedicated men and women members that support the humanitarian needs of the community. Our Club also has an associated Leo Club which is made up of many middle and high school aged students that directly support our humanitarian efforts.